About Costa Rica
An Eco-Friendly Escape
Costa Rica – literally “Rich Coast” – is one of the most bio-diverse regions in the world. The area is home to over 32 National Parks, over 150 wildlife reserves, active and dormant volcanoes, tropical forests, and spectacular beaches. Learn about endangered species, support conservation efforts, and soak in the region’s natural treasures as you snorkel, hike, raft, or zip-line your way through the landscape – and do it all from the comfort of your own private retreat.
Our Exclusive Offers
We pride ourselves in offering some of the best savings on the world's foremost luxury villa rentals. From limited-time free nights to reduced rates, bonus amenities, and beyond, don't miss your chance to save on your next villa rental.View More Exclusive Offers
Off the beaches and hiking trails, Costa Ricans tend to dress more formally than North Americans. Shorts, flip-flops, and tank tops are not acceptable in these dining situations, with the exception of inexpensive restaurants by the beach.
Costa Rica doesn’t have a tipping culture, so you should only feel compelled to tip for good service. Make sure to tip in colónes, as that’s easier for the recipient.
Must See & Do
Top Regional Activities:
- Corcovado National Park should be at the top of your list. Covering 11,000 acres, the rainforest is brimming with exotic birds, indigenous insects and beautiful wild animals like jaguars, howler monkeys, macaws and tapirs. Be sure to set your alarms before you go, as the best time to view some of the most unique species is in the early hours of the day.
- Visit Arenal Volcano and Tabacon Hot Springs for a soak in a natural hot spring—while sipping a drink from a nearby swim-up bar—and watch the sun set behind the fiery Arenal Volcano.
- Surf at Along Manuel Antonio Beach, which is known for being the perfect beach for beginners, you can take a private or group lesson with trained professionals who know all there is to know about the waters along Costa Rica's shores.
- The thrilling zipline canopy tours, available in a variety of Costa Rican rainforest locales, are not to be missed. On a zipline tour, you’ll typically get to enjoy a short hike through the rainforest before flying through the treetops.
- Trying the local coffee is a must-do, as Costa Rican coffee is some of the best in the world.
Allow Us to Arrange
Most Popular Concierge Service:
- In-villa massages and spa treatments
- A full-day boat excursion with a captain/guide
- Grocery pre-stocking in your villa
- Private chef service for the first or last nights of your stay
- Private airport transfers
Your Personal Villa Concierge
When you book with Villas of Distinction, it's all about you. We customize your escape from start to finish ensuring it exceeds your expectations and you experience more than ever before.
Your personal Villa Concierge is your partner in exclusive getaways. Looking to experience a local vineyard? We've got you covered. Hoping to score tickets to an on-island event that sells out fast? No problem. No request is too big or too small.
What We Can Do For You
- Suggest and arrange local immersive experiences
- Coordinate car rentals, drivers & airport transfers
- Grocery stocking to ensure convenience & comfort
- Handle last-minute itinerary changes
- Make restaurant reservations & more